SALES PERFORMANCE 4Q15 AND 2015
São Paulo, Brazil, January 12, 2016 – GPA [BM&FBOVESPA: PCAR4 (PN); NYSE: CBD] and Via Varejo S.A. [BM&FBOVESPA: VVAR3 and VVAR11] announce their sales performance in the fourth quarter of 2015.
– Net sales in the quarter amounted to R$ 19.7 billion, highlight to 6.7% growth in the Food segment with customer traffic recovery at all banners. This progress reinforces the Group’s multi-format strategy, in line with consumer behavior changes, resulting in a more balanced business portfolio. Non-food sales outperformed the industry average, despite the unfavorable macroeconomic scenario;
– Expansion in higher-return formats, with 25 openings in the quarter, for a total of 118 new stores in 2015;
– In 2016, the Company will continue to focus on price competitiveness to continue capturing the market-share gains observed in 2015, sustained by operating efficiency gains and the expansion of higher-return formats.
– ASSAÍ: Total sales growth in the 4Q15 of +27.8%, the strongest quarterly growth registered in the year, driven by the solid performance of same-store sales and strong organic expansion, with 7 new stores opened in the quarter (11 stores in the year), supporting market-share gains;
– MULTIVAREJO: Same-store sales were affected by the performance of Non-food categories, but the highlight was the resilience of Food categories. The Pão de Açúcar banner and Proximity formats captured consistent market-share gains in the year;
– Investments in store renovations reached the highest level of the last three years. Store modernizations were carried out at all banners in the Food segment, with the most progress at Extra, which reached 25% of the banner‘s sales in 2015, presenting a significant differential in performance. By end-2016, store renovations in the Extra banner should reach 50% of sales;
– The measures to intensify price competitiveness and the commercial strategy supported positive results, with a recovery in market share and improvement of approximately 700 basis points in same-store sales performance in relation to the previous six months;
– The marketplace share of total GMV was 24.3% in 4Q15 (vs. 13.6% in 4Q14), accompanied by customer service enhancements: the number of Click & Collect pick-up points reached 21,916 and surface area at distribution centers expanded 26%, enabling same-day and next-day delivery in certain regions of France and Brazil.
For the complete release, click here.