SALES PERFORMANCE 3Q16
São Paulo, Brazil, October 11, 2016 – GPA [BM&FBOVESPA: PCAR4 (PN); NYSE: CBD] announces its sales performance in the third quarter of 2016.
GPA posts net sales of R$ 15.1 billion, supported by:
– Acceleration of the Food Businesses, which grew 14.0% in the quarter (vs. 9.8% in 1H16), driven by sharper growth at Extra and Assaí
– Performance of same-store sales of the food categories in the Group reached 11.4% growth
– Continuous recovery in Via Varejo, with same-store sales of 1.8%, above market performance (PMC)
– Net sales of R$ 3.7 billion, a significant increase of 45.7%;
– Double-digit same-store sales growth compared to 1H16, driven by the strong double-digit growth in customer traffic;
– Share of Food segment sales increases to 37% (vs. 29% in 3Q15);
– Inauguration of 3 stores in the quarter, 9 stores under construction, including 2 conversions of Extra Hiper.
– Extra Hiper and Super confirm sales recovery trend, underlining the assertiveness of the commercial actions launched in 2Q16;
- Accelerated growth of same-store sales in food categories, with growth above 6% (vs. approx. 1% in 1H16);
- Increase in volume with gain in market share at Extra Hiper in the last 5 measurements (April to August);
- – Recovery of non-food categories, despite their continued negative performance, in line with the market.
– Pão de Açúcar maintained sales trend in relation to 1H16, sustaining the market share:
- Banner birthday campaign in August presented the best growth in the year
- The “Mais” program continues to grow its share in sales and is now approx. 73% (vs 65% in 3Q15).
– Proximity registered double-digit total growth, and same-store sales growth in line with inflation, with gains in market share:
- Aliados Compre Bem format already has over 40 stores in operation and is expected to reach around 100 stores by the end of 2016;
- Continued prioritization of higher-return formats with expansions and conversions to Minuto Pão de Açúcar.
– Continued recovery in growth of same-store sales shows the capacity of Via Varejo to adapt to current market conditions;
– Solid share of mobile and financial services deserve special mention;
– Maintenance of share of total market at a level comparable to the highest historical records.
– Continuous expansion in marketplace as a share of GMV to 21.2% (+926 bps vs. 3Q15). Year to date, the expansion is 830 bps;
– Traffic in the quarter was stable in relation to 3Q15 at 210.8 million visits.
For the complete release, click here.