SALES PERFORMANCE 2Q16
São Paulo, Brazil, July 12, 2016 – GPA [BM&FBOVESPA: PCAR4 (PN); NYSE: CBD] and Via Varejo S.A. [BM&FBOVESPA: VVAR3 and VVAR11] announce their sales performance in the second quarter of 2016.
GPA reports net sales of R$16.7 billion in 2Q16, supported by food segment sales growth of 11.3%(1) and by acceleration in the sales recovery at Via Varejo.
– Acceleration in total sales growth to 37.6%(1), led by solid double digit same-store sales growth, significantly above inflation;
– Organic growth: 1 store opened in the quarter, , the first in the North region of Brazil (Manaus), 10 new stores were opened in the last 12 months;
– Store openings in 3 new States planned for the 2nd half of 2016: 6 stores are currently under construction and 2 Extra Hiper are in the process of conversion to Assaí;
– Food category: gradual recovery in sales and progressive growth in volumes, reflecting the initial results of the commercial dynamics launched in the quarter to reinforce the banner’s image of competitive daily prices;
– The performance of non-food categories remains negative, reflecting the adverse economic scenario;
PÃO DE AÇUCAR
– Acceleration in sales performance in the period;
– Focus on customer satisfaction by optimizing the assortment and offering exclusive services, such as a monthly wine subscription (Viva Vinhos) and Pão de Açúcar Delivery, which registered sales growth of 18% in 2Q16;
– Inauguration of first store in the state of Bahia;
– Same-store sales growth remains in the double digits(1);
– Greater selectivity in the expansion plan: prioritizing of Minuto Pão de Açúcar, with 5 new stores opened in Q2 and strong market share gains;
– Recovery in total and same-store sales supported by the implementation of strategic projects (i.e., banner conversion and mobile store-in-store) and the solid performance of the mobile phone and services segments;
– Consistent capture of market share gains in both the specialist and total markets, increasing Via Varejo’s market share to 2013 levels;
– Share of marketplace reaches 16.6%, advancing 774 bps from 2Q15;
– Traffic increases 21.4%, with a total of 257 million visitors in the quarter;
(1) Adjusted by the calendar effect of 3.2% (2Q16) at Multivarejo and 0.7% at Assaí.
For the complete release, click here..