SALES PERFORMANCE 1Q16
São Paulo, Brazil, April 12, 2016 – GPA [BM&FBOVESPA: PCAR4 (PN); NYSE: CBD] and Via Varejo S.A. [BM&FBOVESPA: VVAR3 and VVAR11] announce their sales performance in the first quarter of 2016.
GPA net sales reach R$17.8 billion in 1Q16, led by food segment growth of 10.9%.
– Accelerated growth of total sales, which reached 36.2% vs. 27.8% in 4Q15;
– Double-digit growth of same-store sales, significantly higher than inflation;
– Maturation of stores opened in the last 12 months;
– Continued organic expansion, with 12-15 new stores scheduled to open;
– Increased share of individual clients due to the current economic scenario;
PÃO DE AÇUCAR
– Continued healthy sales performance with market share gain;
– Improved consumer loyalty: significant increase in the penetration of “Mais” program by 850 bps in the last 12 months to reach 68.7% of sales;
– New commercial dynamics (1, 2, 3 Savings Steps) aiming to benefit customers that seek advantages and competitive prices, offering progressive discounts from 20% on the purchase of the 1st unit up to 33% in the 3rd unit;
– The new campaign was tested in March and contributes to an improved sales trend. The strategy is more aligned with the current context and already shows the first and important signs of recovery of sales and volumes in food categories;
– Increased competitiveness throughout the quarter supported by assertive promotions to build consumer loyalty;
– The business already has more than 300 stores, which translates into substantial market share gains and double-digit same-store sales growth;
– Sequential improvement in same-store sales trend, at -11.8% in 1Q16;
– Market share gain, in line with the recovery trend started in 4Q15;
– New management and focus on operational improvements to recover sales levels;
– Marketplace share of GMV reached 15.6%, growing 852 bps from the prior year;
– Customer traffic increased 15.7%;
– Increasing share of mobile devices, which reached 44.0%.
For the complete release, click here.