- Gross sales revenue grew 9.9% to R$12.8 billion, supported by faster growth at Multivarejo and the solid performance of Assaí
- Same-store gross sales excluding the calendar effect advanced 5.1%, representing important growth in relation to 1Q18 (+2.8%), confirming the strong recovery in sales at Multivarejo that began in March. All banners posted strong sales volume growth
- Multivarejo’s market share has been increasing since March, resulting in a 100 bps gain accumulated for the months of April and May (source: Nielsen), with Extra Hiper and Pão de Açúcar driving growth
- Higher penetration of the My Discount application, which already has registered around 6.0 million downloads and growth of approximately 35% in monthly purchases by loyal customers
- The multi-channel, multi-format portfolio and the team’s firm commitment made it possible to mitigate the impacts from the truck drivers’ strike, enabling us to reaffirm our guidance for 2018
For the complete release, click here.