NET REVENUE UP 13.4% AND SAME-STORE SALES UP 9.5%
25 NEW STORES OPENED IN 2Q14
São Paulo, July 11, 2014 – GPA [BM&FBOVESPA: PCAR4; NYSE: CBD] and Via Varejo S.A. [BM&FBOVESPA: VVAR11 and VVAR3] release the sales performance for the second quarter (2Q14) of 2014.
– Net revenue up 13.4% to R$ 15.2 billion;
– Same-store sales up 9.5%. Sales growth were benefited by 110 bps due to calendar effect.
Food Businesses (Multivarejo + Assaí):
– Net revenue up 14.5%;
– Same-store sales growth stood at 8.3% and was positively affected by the calendar effect;
– 19 new stores.
– Net revenue up 8.0% and same-store sales up 6.8%;
– 6 new stores.
– Business volume of Nova Pontocom up 41%, which includes direct sales and merchandise volumes from the marketplace.
For the complete release, click here.